Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend fun

This past weekend, Toby, Katie, and I went down to Kansas City to attend the residency graduation of Toby's sister, Molly.  We got to eat at Oklahoma Joe's which was named by Anthony Bourdain as one of the top 15 places to eat in the US.  It was delicious . . . not sure if it was worth a 2 hour wait though with a 3-year old. 

Saturday night, we attended her graduation dinner and ceremony where she was honored as "Best in Patient Care" and I think it was "Best Resident in the Program" which was voted on by her peers and senior doctors.  Molly, if I got that last one wrong, please correct me.  :)  It was really amazing to see how well respected she is in the community.  Her personality makes it easy to see why she is so loved and respected by her peers and patients.  Congratulations again, Molly. 

We came home on Sunday and I headed over to my dad's with Katie.  He left for Anchorage this morning and will be flying from Alaska to Hawaii in a week and won't be back until the end of June.  We walked down to the local park and threw rocks in the creek in his backyard and watched the horses across the street.  We found a snake skin which Katie thought was pretty neat.  She even painted my toenails for me.  I can tell she'll be the future Picasso.