Monday, July 18, 2011

Preggo bellies, a kick-ass music show, and butterflies

Another busy weekend has gone by too fast.  I had the great pleasure of taking my sister's maternity pics.  I have another maternity shoot this weekend so it was awesome to get some practice in.  Her little boy, Ethan, is due September 20th.  We tried a bunch of different poses and outfits but my favorite is the one with the teddy bear.  

I also was very honored to be asked to take some live performance pics for a local band, MC Wrenn & The White Chocolates.  I did their promo shoot and was really excited to do some live ones.  The first band on was Cleo's Apartment and they were exceptional.  Great vocals and killer sound.  Lots of different instruments were used.  MC Wrenn went on after and it was great to see the crowd so amped up.  They were awesome.  If you haven't seen them live already, make sure to check out their Facebook page and look for upcoming shows.  You won't be disappointed.

We also made a trip to Reiman Gardens and spent the morning looking at butterflies and walking around the beautiful garden.  Katie had a blast, as she always does.  The butterflies were a lot more active this time we went.  And Katie stayed far away from the indoor pond.  :)  

Out of the 1000 or more pics I took, these are my favs.  Enjoy :)